Saturday, August 6, 2005

98percenters

This is a message exchange that i feel perfectly sums up the contradictions of voluntary slavery and people's different approaches and perceptions.

I get a message from somebody who defines himself as 60% active, has a profile about his good collection of rubber, leather and toys accompanied by a detailed list of what he has and pics of gas masks and similar but no reference to M/s issues. The guy is not really my type and we don't seem to have common interests but i don't like ignoring people so i engage in a little exchange of messages.

-- START--
him @ 5/Aug/05 6:57
nice profile

me @ 5/Aug/05 7:20
thank you :)
must get up and go to work now

him @ 5/Aug/05 7:28
cool. Send me a face pic when you are back online (and interested in chatting some more)

me @ 5/Aug/05 19:38
hi, here’s a face pic as requested but, you know, i’m not really a "gear" person so i suspect we might not be an excellent match.

him @ 6/Aug/05 7:5
the gear is just the icing on the cake. The real substance is domination
nice pic btw

me @ 6/Aug/05 9:11
so what is it that you like/are looking for?

him @ 6/Aug/05 9:58
I love bondage and domination. Love play where you are trying to please each other. Not into subs who just want to be tied up and taken care off.

me @ 6/Aug/05 10:3
ok, i see. well, i don't think it's really my thing. i'm really looking for a more self-centred Master who doesn't really care about pleasing me but wants everything to be centred around what he wants. i don't really need or like to be tied up, in fact i prefer to be able to move to willingly serve an owner rather than being forced to submit.

him @ 6/Aug/05 10:22
looks like you do have quite a few demands for a slave. All your e-mails so far have been about what you want and your needs.
--END--

I wasn't going to enter into a discussion about perceptions with him but i was going to send a message to say that i had said that we didn't sound very compatible. But the guy has blocked me.

Now the simple fact that you have to block somebody seems to point to the fact that you lack the self-security to even hear an opinion different from your own so in my book it makes him a poor choice for a master. But i had to smile at being once again perceived by a "98%" as a difficult slave for wanting to only focus on my Master's pleasure rather than submissively and obediently accept a man's desire to tie me up to please me(!!). All this, just as i was writing about it.

But i have to wonder: do people think that being a slave means i'm supposed to serve anybody who comes along and wants to tie me up?

L once told me that thoughts of general submission do not empower your Master because He has to know that your submission is only an indication of the fear and respect that only He causes in you. (He is always quite unsettled by my ability to quote back at him things he's said) I subscribe to this view, of course (if not necessarily the fear element), but it always surprises me how dominance and submission can be perceived in diametrically opposite ways by people with supposedly similar views.

No comments: