Wednesday, October 11, 2006

snip or not

Today, after much looking around, i found a doctor who told me what i wanted to hear.

For a long time i've had a small problem with my penis: a very tight foreskin that doesn't retract fully when i'm erect and a very short frenulum that makes any attempt at stretching the foreskin quite painful. The obvious option that a lot of doctors have suggested to me was circumcision but i've always found that very old school, and a rather extreme remedy. Plus, I don't know how i feel about circumcised dicks. Well, i know that my preference is for natural uncut dicks even though i have to admit that circumcised dicks look very clean and tidy.

So I've tried several options: i've tried much advocated stretching techniques with the help of a topical steroid ointment but they've been quite unsuccessful because although they seemed to be having an effect on the foreskin, i later discovered the frenulum problem which they weren't very helpful for.

So i started considering surgery. But which surgery? Like i've said a lot of doctors were suggesting circumcision as a solution, but they always struck me as not really wanting to spend too much time thinking about the problem and i didn't want to go chopping off bits of me because of a doctor that has other things to think about. At the same time, online a lot of articles seemed to discredit circumcision in favour of other more conservative procedures. So i kept shopping around for second and third opinions and today i finally found a doctor who felt, like me, that full circumcision may be unnecessary.

And it's really odd because it really is like shopping: shopping for a new penis. What cut shall i go for? Is circumcision in or out? And frenuloplasty? The new black? As always all these decisions leave me so uncertain and i swing from one position to the other. It would be easier to have someone who could take this decision for me but, unfortunately, that's not the case and opinions are quite diverging. My bf is quite pro-circ, or rather, has no strong anti-circumcision feeling, whereas L is strongly against it, he keeps saying it doesn't look good, that the change of skin tone makes it look like a mutilatation. He has quite strong opinions about things. Personally, I am trying to keep as much of myself as i came with, though i also ask myself: what's more slave? Cut or uncut? Cut doesn't exactly facilitate masturbation so it could be a way to limit my ability to self-centeredly indulge in it. But who would i be doing it for? Plus, a lot of cut people manage very well, i'm sure, to please themselves.

So the doubt remains and i could use some advice...


Cut the foreskin: Yes or No?
Yes (Circumcision)
No (Frenuloplasty)
No (Keep stretching)
  
Free polls from Pollhost.com

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey, i had the same problem when i was around 10 and was circumcised. never had problems

Anonymous said...

I got circumcised when I was 35. It makes no difference really to your sex life. In theory it's slightly better to have a foreskin, but it hardly matters. Besides, I don't believe it is in fact possible to treat a tight foreskin successfully by other means, have you met anyone who actually did?
Naturally, i'd prefer not to have the operation if I had the choice, but doubt there is one in fact. I have met one guy who had trouble with pain after the operation, probably incompetently done. Obviously there is a slight risk with any operation. Good luck anyway.