Sunday, October 29, 2006

the importance of symbols

i've always considered myself not to be a gearhead. If i look at a man's profile, and he has pictures in leather i'll actually find it less interesting than a man in plain casual clothes and i've always been rather unmoved by large displays of toy collections. However, there is one object that evokes a very strong response on my part, that focuses and embodies all that submission represents for me: the collar.

I just love collars. I have been involved in scenes where no collar was present and it just ain't the same. Large and heavy, made of hard leather, as soon as a master places his collar around my neck, it's immediate bliss for me. Total peace of mind and nothing else matters. The joy is difficult to express, the security of feeling it there when i move my head and knowing that only one person can put it on or take it off and it's as if the hand of my Master extended to hold me and give me strength all the time.

I've often fantasised about receiving a symbolic permanent collar by a Master, like a metal ring or a little chain, that is welded shut so that the only way to take it off is to break it. The collar could remain on me throughout the whole length of my service and could be a constant reminder of the man who owns me.

No comments: