Wednesday, May 26, 2010

how a slave performs a task

I often find myself in the morning in that space between sleep and wake where you can gently push your thoughts in one direction and see them turn into some kind of dream. In fact i'm not always sure when thoughts have originated in another dream and when I've been the one to voluntarily initiate them.

This morning, i half-woke up with images in my head of a large cage that slaves could be kept in waiting for an interested buyer. At some point i was in there with other slaves and i was being bought to be used to serve customers in my future Master's tavern (!).

I think this imagery links back to when i was spending time in Second Life serving as a Gorean slave. Serving drinks and generally ensuring the comfort of the Free was part of what my service sometimes entailed and i think much of my dream scenario was roughly based around those situations.

In my dream i remember taking two guests' orders and then scurrying off to get the two men their drinks. As i did so, i would ensure the glasses were impeccably clean and the drinks would be at the right temperature.

This prompted me to reflect on something regarding my perception of what a slave does. A slave shouldn't mechanically perform a task he is assigned because he fears the repercussions of disobedience. I think a slave should put everything into performing any task as best he can out of a genuine desire to ensure the person he is serving will be fully satisfied with the service they receive.

It is almost a question of finding pride and joy in your service. A slave should love to serve and please and should understand that to be his purpose in life. A slave should always want to make sure that whatever task he was given, he couldn't have performed any better.

This ensures the person he is serving always receives the best possible service. A free person shouldn't have to worry about the details of a task they assign to a slave, only that the outcome is as expected, if not better.

Yes, these are actually the thoughts in my head before i've even got out of bed.

I generally try to put this kind of thinking into serving Master. Unfortunately i don't spend as much time with Him as i would like, so the opportunities to do that are limited, but when i am with Him, the desire to see Him pleased is overwhelming.

One of the things that Master enjoys is to have His feet massaged while he is resting or is busy with something else and this is one of the tasks He likes to have His slave around for. Master often has me do this for Him and i have to say that i experience such a sense of purpose when i kneel at His feet and silently take care of this task for Him. I truly feel that in this role, i am allowed to express to Him how much i love and worship Him and i like to put all i have into doing this for Him.

That same degree of attention is what i think a slave should have in any task he is given and that is usually the standard i strive for. I'm not saying that my service is always impeccable: i do get physically tired and my service will be negatively affected by that but i think that the pleasure of serving and truly be useful is what makes me the kind of slave that i am.

No comments: