Saturday, May 27, 2006

late

Same old road but a different time of the day and a very different time of the year. i'm used to walking this bit of road at 6 in the morning, crossing under the railway station towards the underground to get my train home. This time it's equally dark but late in the evening; a lot more people around me, but a much greater feeling of loneliness. Everything you can get used to, i remind myself. But there's so much to get used to that at times it feels like it's too much. I mechanically place one foot in front of the other and then again, and i wonder about the way that things take shape around me like it had nothing to do with me. My reflection glides from one window to the next on the buildings next to me and there is nothing i can do to change the direction of my steps. Someone i care for has left.

No comments: