Tuesday, May 23, 2006

unlearning the ropes

In december last year, my then master spent the night at my place a couple of times and, on those occasions, made use of a length of rope i had here in my room. When he left i tidied up the rope and hung it in a corner so that it would be ready the next time he'd come around. Well, he never did come around again. The times we met after that were at his place until he recently let me go but all this time the rope has been hanging in the exact same spot. I've sort of got used to it being there so i don't really notice it anymore but every now and then i see it's there, i consider storing it away but then i feel sad about doing it so i leave it where it is. Like some respirator you can't bring yourself to switch off, I look at it and i wonder what i should do. The rope stays there. We look at each other, we reminisce, we wonder what to do. The future is uncertain for us but we're learning to share this bedroom and this uncertainty.

No comments: