Thursday, June 14, 2007

rest

The blog's resting as i am. I'm on a break. If it's a voluntary one, i can't say. I'm not hostile to the idea of meeting someone new but i've grown somewhat tired of the business of online enslavement. Few people catch my attention these days, i'm unable to be excited about the cold calculating machine of online hook-ups. I'm always in touch with Dave and i curl up in the warm comfort of an interaction that is so uncomplicated and natural and i curse the distance that dooms the possibility of anything happening but also speculatively wonder if it's not the very ingredient that has kept this alive.

I've considered removing my online profile altogether but i suspect it would only end up being a temporary, short-lived suspension. I know people who do this all the time: they remove their profile, create a new one, remove it, then a new one and so on. i know that i can't completely remove this element from my life so why pretend.

But just as i'm writing this someone interesting has materialised. The name is promising. We'll see what comes out of it.

No comments: