Monday, February 26, 2007

the producers

I've been approached by a production company who are working on a programme for channel 4 on people who blog about their sex life. We met for lunch and talked about it. I was flattered by their interest in subdiscourse but couldn't help but wonder if my blog is really about sex. They mentioned a couple of other blogs that are going to be featured in the programme and i had a look and found something that i thought was quite different from what i feel this blog is really about.

So the question is: what's this blog really about? It's about how i confront myself with my submissiveness, how it affects my life and my decisions, my relationships with people. Sure sex is part of all that, because it's part of my life, but i just don't feel that it's the main point at all. I think when i started writing this blog it was because i felt that my submissiveness wasn't all that kinky after all and i wanted to put down into words most of all my emotional response to this very important part of me. A way to embrace it as opposed to hiding it.

But how much do i want to disclose it? They want me to appear on the programme in the flesh and i don't know if i'm really ready for that. I'm also more of a writer than i am a talker and i'm not sure i'd feel very comfortable talking about this in front of a camera to people i don't know. I know, it's a bit of a contradiction to want to embrace this side of me but to be afraid to show my face publicly. Even the blog doesn't have pictures of me. I should borrow a page, or should i say a post, from Mr Bruiser. In a way, i'd want to do it, to say this is me, there's nothing wrong about it, but do i really want to put that in the public domain, say it potentially in front of anyone who might or not know me, neighbours, co-workers, friends. Where should i draw the line between private and public?

No comments: